Frequently Asked Questions
- How can social workers and social work students be preparing for the structural changes occurring in behavioral health crisis response?
- What will be the requirements for Crisis Centers as it concerns how many beds will be needed, staffing, and hours? Should these facilities be available 24/7?
- Is there a list of companies that are offering Mobile Crisis Care?
- What is the plan for sustainable funding? Will we consider taxation on phones? What is your advice for advocates looking to grow and sustain this work?
- What is the average call time for 988 calls not requiring the dispatch of a crisis team?
- Have you been able to track calls from Spanish-language callers?
General Overview of Rollout
- How did 9-8-8 come about? Has the state of Georgia had anything similar before?
- What is 9-8-8?
- When does the rollout begin?
- How is 9-8-8 different from 9-1-1?
- Is Georgia anticipating any challenges associated with the rollout of 9-8-8?
- Why does 9-8-8 matter?
Availability of 9-8-8
- If you speak Spanish and need assistance, what happens when you call 9-8-8?
- Will rural communities have access to 9-8-8?
- Will 9-8-8 be available for children and adolescents?
- How will DBHDD partner with school systems as 9-8-8 rolls out?
- Are older adults being considered as a high-risk population?
- Will 9-8-8 be available to individuals that are dually diagnosed with behavioral health and intellectual and developmental disabilities, such as individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)?